Saturday, June 03, 2006

You know it's time to write when ...

Last month, I beat my all-time monthly posting rate. My previous record was 9 posts in August 2005, and I beat that on May 17 (my last post) with 10 posts. So, record beaten, time to stop posting for the month. ;)

So, what's been happening? Well, it's been busy. As Rebecca mentioned, I went to Toronto for the May long weekend. Read her post for the lowdown on the first part of it: much shopping, eating, and martini-drinking. On Sunday, after Rebecca left, I did some more shopping with my friend Shoshanah - but she was still walking around with swollen lymph nodes and feeling pretty miserable, so we didn't achieve much. Still, always good to see her. Sunday night we celebrated Mother's Day / Robert's birthday, and then I went out for drinks with Robin and a different Rebecca (just to confuse everyone). Monday I bummed around and then took the Greyhound back home that evening.

Three days later, on the 26th, Randal, Rion and I headed back to Toronto. We'd taken the day off so we rented a car and drove up. Ate dinner at a place called Hockey Sushi on Centre Street in Thornhill. All-you-can-eat, reeeeeally good. Rebecca #2 had told me about it the previous weekend. Saturday my friend Jen and her husband Mike, baby Allison, and their dog, a large year-old Black Lab confusingly called Baby, came over to visit for brunch. Rion and Baby did not get along, unfortunately :( Baby was too big and excited for Rion, and he got scared. So we had to keep them separated. It was a nice visit, otherwise. Then that evening, my cousin Brian got married. Quite a nice wedding. On Sunday, we headed downtown with Rion to Shoshanah's place again, and had a good visit (her lymph nodes having returned to their normal size by this point). She has a fantastic house in the East end (Gerrard & Pape area). We got back to Ottawa late that evening (it was about 10:00 p.m. by the time we got home), so a tiring weekend, but nice to be able to visit some people we don't often get to see.

Which bring us to now. Things have happened this week, including dealings with maddening shoe salespersons, but nothing truly worth sharing, at least not now. I was originally going to go to Montreal this weekend to visit my grandmother and check out a Japanese festival that is taking place there, but decided to stay here and catch up on all the stuff that hasn't been getting done, like preparatory paperwork for going to Japan (visas, medication imports, etc.), finishing up my TESL Business English module (which needs to be returned ASAP), weeding through books and clothes, etc. 55 days left!

5 comments:

Rebecca said...

YOU MEAN TO SAY I COULD HAVE COME DOWN THIS WEEKEND TO HELP YOU OUT?

Rebecca said...

:)

June 17th it is then!

julie said...

hehehehehe, niiiice Rebecca ....... :)

Rebecca said...

Just for that, I'm not giving you the recipe for tofu chocolate mousse, which is *really* good!

julie said...

awww, don't bite the hand that introduced you to tofu ... :(

Besides, if I don't know the recipe, how can I make some when you come to visit? ;)