Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Post for Stuart.

*sigh* OK, here goes.

On Facebook, the new evil in my life, Stuart named me as one of the people he wanted to do this quiz. Since I am a sucker, I did.*

Three Names You Go By:
1. Julie (shocking!)
2. Jules
3. Oozle. But if anyone other than my brothers try to call me that, I'll have to send my goons over to beat you up.

Three Parts of Your Heritage:
1. French
2. Canadian
3. uh, French-Canadian? Really, there is no third part! Throw me a frickin' bone here!

Three Things That Scare You:
1. Birds. Holy f**k.
2. Heights. (sometimes)
3. Cataloguing. (LOL - couldn't resist.)

Three of Your Everyday Essentials:
1. Eating something chocolate.
2. Spending time with my dog...which is currently sorely lacking from my life.
3. Facebooking, apparently.

Three Things You Are Wearing Right Now: This is easy!!!
1. Pink fleecy PJ top.
2. Red and white plaid fleecy PJ pants.
3. Blue slippers with white snowflakes on 'em. It's getting late here!

Three of Your Favourite Songs Right Now:
1. Staralfur by Sigur Ros (will always be #1, I think)
2. anything from the Katamari Damacy videogame soundtrack - too perfect to not listen to while walking through Japanese life!
3. ummm, 3 songs? I've listened to the same songs for the past 5 years... OK, "Front 2 Back" by Playgroup off the "Blue Crush" soundtrack. (I'm so embarassed...)

Three Things You Want in a Relationship (other than Love):
1. Honesty
2. Humour
3. Curiosity about the world

Two Truths and a Lie (in any order):
1. I have a weakness for redheads. (Hi, Stuart!)
2. I am a real redhead. (Ask Randal!)
3. My first boyfriend was a redhead. (Have to stick to the theme.)
[answers at the end]

Three PHYSICAL Things About the Opposite Sex that Appeal to You:
1. Hands. (sooooo important that he has good hands)
2. Drownable eyes.
3. Height. (Tall is good.)

Three of Your Favourite Hobbies:
1. Reading a good book.
2. Pretending I can make paper crafts.
3. Sleeping. (My students always put this as one of their hobbies, and I'm jealous - I never get enough sleep.)

Three Things You Want to Do Really Badly Right Now (But Can't):
Other than the obvious ("see my dog"):
1. Eat a Toronto Roll. Holy, do I ever.
2. Watch a hockey playoff game. Especially since (or despite the fact that? I'm not sure) it won't be the Maple Leafs.
3. Retire on the proceeds of the book I'm never going to write.

Three Places You Want To Go: Only three???
1. Vietnam
2. Prague, Czech Republic
3. France

Three Things You Want to Do Before You Die:
1. Travel as much as I can.
2. Read books till my brains fall out.
3. See the northern lights. (I never have! What a bad Canadian I am.)

Three Ways That You Are Stereotypically a Girl/Guy:
1. I was a NKOTB fan. It was a long time ago, and I was young and foolish!!!
2. While I am no Imelda, I am often chastised for not owning any "sensible" shoes. (I own three pairs of sneakers - what a lie!)
3. I believe that videogaming is a perfectly honourable way to pass one's time ... wait a minute. Which of the two gender stereotypes am I trying to prove again?

Three People I Would Like to See Take This Quiz:
On Facebook: Keith, Marie-Lyne, and Brandon.
On Their Blogs: Rebecca and Mark, who can both also Facebook it if they so choose, and Randal, who currently refuses to join Facebook, and I am having no luck in the art of persuasion on that point.


Oh yes. The answers to the 2 Truths and a Lie. I do indeed have a weakness for redheads. I swoon at the sight of them. Archie was my god, growing up. And Rick Astley, oh my. This is largely why I wish so much that I were a redhead. But as Randal and my hairdresser can both tell you (though their information may come from, uh, different sources), I am not. Miss Clairol is my best friend. And Brandon now *has* to carry on this meme, since I was kind enough to mention him as a true redhead (which he is) and as my first boyfriend (which he was). So. The truth is ugly, but well, it's out there.


* If nothing else, perhaps this will stop the incessant Facebook poking. At least for a little while.

1 comment:

julie said...

Just to clarify: The new evil in my life is Facebook, NOT Stuart. While I neither confirm nor deny any possible evilness on Stuart's part, he's certainly not "new". I've known him since the first day of library school in 1999.