Wednesday, August 29, 2007

pixxiefish on the road

I'm sitting in our hotel room at the Nagoya airport, watching Randal finish his packing (he's almost done). It's been a long day, but I feel pretty good. So far today, I have survived the following:

- waking up at 4:30 a.m.

- leaving our nice Bangkok guesthouse at about 5:30 a.m. in order to find a cab to take us to the airport for 6:00 a.m.

- making it on to our 8:10 flight to Tokyo with loads of time to spare (as opposed to, say, missing the flight entirely)

- sleeping most of aforementioned flight (except for when they tried to feed me a full fried beef, veggies, and rice meal at, like, 9:30 in the morning! yuck!)

- playing a mean-ass game of Tetris on the on-flight entertainment system when I was conscious

- transferring in Tokyo without any mishap

- a hop and a skip later, arriving in Nagoya

- reclaiming the suitcases that we left behind in storage a month ago, despite (of course!) being unable to locate the storage receipts

- repacking everything so that all the weight is evenly distributed between our bags, and in a reasonable amount of time so that we actually will be able to sleep tonight!

Now I am sitting in bed, using Randal's laptop (there's wireless internet here - how sweet is that?), while he puts the last few things away in his bags, and tomorrow, we start the fun all over again!

Tomorrow our flight is not till 3:25 in the afternoon - 2:35 a.m. for you Windsor-QuebecCity corridor-ites in the crowd.

pixxiefish will be back in the sea soon!


Waterlily said...

Yay! can't wait to have Pixxiefish back in the local pond!

Rebecca said...

Woo-hoo! I'm looking forward to going to visit you and you coming to visit me!

Mark Reynolds said...

You know, I feel like I'm losing a travelling companion, despite us not having been on the same continent. D'ya think you can continue to write about Canada as if it were a strange and foreign country?

julie said...

I'm driving to Winnipeg in a few days ... Will that do?