Friday, January 05, 2007

Happy New Year!

It seems if you show up to an international flight check-in counter at the airport only 15 minutes before your flight is due to leave, the counter is already closed and you have, effectively and thoroughly, missed your flight from Denpasar (Bali) to Taipei.

D'oh.

Anyway, we had a lovely though unexpected night in Kuta Beach, and we are attempting the international flight again this afternoon. It seems Taipei is still standing after last week's earthquake, so that's good.

Details to follow.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

15 minutes, eh? WOW! You ARE turning into your father! I can't wait to read all the details.

Anonymous said...

At least you made it to the right airport. I managed to miss a flight by going to the wrong one. To quote you: D'oh.

Hope you make it home OK! Can't wait to see your pictures...

julie said...

But Waterlily, isn't my father the one who insisted, 11 years ago when I flew to France, on taking me to the airport 6 hours early...for a lengthy check-in process that I recall then took about 20 minutes?!?! Pearson Airport is just NOT that interesting for that long a time!!!