Sunday, August 21, 2005

Upheavals and other such nonsense

So much (mostly not very interesting) has gone on this week. Week got off to a bad start. I had to bring my bicycle in to the shop to get a tune-up - I haven't ridden it in a while and to be honest, it is looking a bit worse for the wear. So Monday I go to do this...and someone has stolen the seat. That was the newest part of the bike (it's old and has undergone many different upgrades over the years). I was not impressed. So not only did I have to pay for a new inner-tube (which was wrecked) and minor tune-up, I had to pay for a new seat and seat POST (since the thief was kind enough to steal that as well).

Wednesday Rion went to the vet for the day to get a tooth pulled. He still had one of his baby canines.

Thursday I went bowling with some of my colleagues from my former job. It was great fun, though I remained in last place behind all the rest of them (even the one girl who listed her name on the computer board as "I Hate This Game"). I like to bowl, but man, do I ever suck. Bad part about bowling, though, was that the bar there that sells CHEAP BEER was closed! :( So we had to go for drinks afterwards at the Royal Oak on our way home - you gotta do what you gotta do. Apparently, however, I am getting too old for this kind of thing, as the next day at work, I was so tired. I just don't get out enough anymore, obviously.

Friday night I went out with two other former colleagues for dinner. Erin is still working here with the government, though with another department, and Jan is moving in less than a week back to Calgary. So it was kind of a farewell dinner, though I will hopefully be seeing Jan again for coffee later this week before she goes. Then I went to Chapters and bought a Japanese kana workbook, in anticipation of my upcoming Japanese class this semester at Algonquin College - yay!

And Saturday afternoon, Rebecca arrived! And we have been hanging out ever since. (OK, it's been 1 1/2 days, but work with me here...) Today, we went for late breakfast at Eggspectations at the Esplanade Laurier, and then we wandered around the Parliament buildings playing at "tourist". There was a Mountie on a horse! But I couldn't convince Rebecca to let me take her picture next to him. (She took a pic from afar.) After that, we wandered to and around the Byward Market. Tonight she has gone out with another friend. Tomorrow, after I finish work, we are thinking about hitting IKEA - woohoo! :)

In between all this nonsense this week, Randal & I have been trying to rearrange everything in the apartment. See, we own too much and haven't gotten around to getting rid of much of it yet. But we are in the early "weeding" stages. Now, we have finally moved our stuff into the main front bedroom and made the back bedroom, our former bedroom, into a guest room (but eventually we plan on getting rid of the bed and making it a sunroom/computer room). Currently, as I type this, I am in the "new" bedroom, and Rion is lying on the back of the couch that is in here (there's no room, really, for a couch, so we may get rid of it too) looking out the window. It's nice and cosy.

Anyway, not really that much to say, though I am out of beer and must now make a trip to my fridge to locate some more. What can I say? It's a hard life.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

I would just like to point out that, not only am I the first and only non-canned meat product commentator, but that the Mountie on the horse took off before we could get over there. I had resigned myself to the cliche, and was prepared to sacrifice what was left of my dignity to get the picture. So there!